PLEASE NOTE: • Difficulty level: Advanced • Requires C# scripting skills. • Please read the disclaimers at bottom before buying.
What is this? An add-on for UFPS to hook your game up with the Photon Cloud. A framework of wrapper scripts allowing you to get started on a game without worrying about compatibility between UFPS and Photon Unity Networking, with lots of gameplay fundamentals already taken care of. Use it for learning, for cloud-based multiplayer games, or just as a bag of tricks for implementing your own multiplayer solution.
• Authoritative Master Client and distributed game logic. Damage, death, score, inventory, pickups, player states and bullet paths are authoritative
• Master Client handover during game (if master leaves, the game keeps running and another player becomes master)
• Simple prediction and interpolation of player position
• Damage and score tracking for bullets, explosion splash damage and kill zones (who set off the chain explosion gets the frag)
• Crash popup for standalone & webplayer builds. Alerts you at first sign of unstable execution
Demo features • Implementation of classic, old-school Team Deathmatch gameplay • Unlimited teams with their own player body models, spawnpoints, names and colors • Scoreboard for Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch • Team-colored player nametags that fade out behind obstacles • Match logic with time limit • An awesome deathmatch level, Helipad Escape, courtesy of the ProBuilder team • Simple Robber and SWAT prototype characters • A very simple chat
Base UFPS features supported (so far): • Camera, controls & player body / animation system • UFPS player events triggered over the network (crouching, running, sliding, aiming, etc.) • Projectile weapons with FX (muzzleflashes, shell casings, impact effects & decals) • Hand grenades and explosions with cover detection • Damage types and tracking • Pain hud with directional damage arrows • Melee combat • Spawnpoints • Kill zones • Ragdolls • Inventory and pickups • Rigidbody physics • Moving platforms • Triggers and switches • Falling damage • Prop destruction • Ladders
DISCLAIMERS: 1) This kit is in BETA and is not a final product. You can find a detailed feature list with remaining tasks here. 2) The manual is work in progress (early draft). 3) This is not a complete game template. It is intended as a bridge between Photon PUN and UFPS only, with simple gameplay examples. 4) Requires C# scripting skills. To add custom gameplay you will need a decent understanding of Unity, C#, UFPS and Photon concepts