Edys Vehicle Physics 5.0 beta 4
EVP brings realistic and fun vehicles to your games! Designed for gameplay, ease of use, and realistic behavior.
Beta version: the features from the previous Unity 4 version are being added gradually as the package is rewritten for the new vehicle physics system. Feedback is welcome!
Features | Documentation
- GTA-style physics: fun and realistic vehicles configured for gameplay.
- Vehicles can be rigged and configured in minutes (Video tutorial)
- Easy integration into existing projects: just drop a prefab in your scene and hit and play.
- Vehicle damage effects, including deterioration of handling.
- Multiple ground materials supported, including per-material grip and drag coefficients, ground marks, skid marks, smoke, dust, etc.
- Lots of audio effects: engine, turbo, transmission, tire skid, body impacts, body scratches...
- Built-in “Pause” function for vehicles without setting timeScale to zero.
- Full C# source code.
- A single component VehicleControllerprovides fully working vehicle physics.
- Additional features available as add-on components: damage, audio, tire effects (marks, smoke, dust), visual effects, standard input, sample random AI input.
- Easily write your own add-on features by using the exposed properties and delegates.
- Custom PBR shader for tire marks.
- Custom shaders for particle effects (smoke, dust) with shadows.
- Fixes the WheelCollider problems in Unity 5.
- Garbage-Collector friendly. No GC allocations in runtime.
- Supports any physics timestep up to 0.06
UPGRADE NOTES: Unfortunately projects from Unity 4 cannot be upgraded directly due to the major changes in Unity 5 physics. You can import the new package into a project upgraded from Unity 4, but the vehicles won't be upgraded. The new package places the scripts in a new folder (EVP5). An explicit upgrade process is required. Check out the Readme and the upgrade notes.